zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sampath Perera <samp...@adroitlogic.com>
Subject Re: Fast leader election initial delay, is that possible?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:15:13 GMT
Hi Ted,

Thanks for the quick response.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it is exactly the same situation as any other situation where
> connection to another server fails.

Hhmmm, I think this is a bit different isn't it? Here we know that the first
server to come will be failing to connect to the other as they are not yet
up. Anyway our real issue is the warning.

>  There is no need to insert a delay here
> unless you think that there should be a delay before this particular
> warning
> should be considered a warning.

That would actually give a fix to the problem that we are seeing.

> Would you like to suggest a patch?

Of course I do.. will prepare a patch and attach.

--
Thanks,
Sampath