zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Adding nodes to an ensemble
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:53:33 GMT
Hi,

Currently you have to restart the nodes to change the configuration (rolling restart, i.e.,
every time you bring nodes up after changing the cfg files you must ensure that a quorum of
the old config intersects with any quorum of the new config). We're working on doing this
dynamically and will hopefully add this feature to the next release after 3.4.  This allows
to add/remove machines, change observers to followers and vice versa and change leader election
and following ports, automatically without any restarts.

Regards,
Alex