zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Martin Serrano <mar...@attivio.com>
Subject thread pool executor for event dispatch
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:15:25 GMT
Hi,

Has the zookeeper community considered adding an option to use a thread pool executor for
event dispatch?  One pattern we have developed for our library is to trigger event listeners
in a separate thread to guard against blocking operations in listeners.  A blocking watcher
will prevent new events/watchers from being triggered.  By adding the ability to configure
which Executor was used by a zookeeper client for event delivery library writers could make
the choice that is best for them.  Being able to do this at the client level (rather than
for each individual watcher class I implement) is a cleaner approach IMO.

Thoughts?

-Martin