zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Fournier, Camille F." <Camille.Fourn...@gs.com>
Subject RE: Zookeeper on two clusters?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:05:57 GMT
As long as the two clusters can ping each other, just set up a single ZK cluster spread across
the two, 3 or 5 nodes (total, not per cluster). Note that if these two clusters are used for
business continuity purposes (spread across 2 data centers), you still risk the outage of
the zookeeper if you lose one of the data centers (the one containing the majority of the
ZK nodes).

There's no reason to set up 2 ZK quorums and merge them.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aleksey Yakovlev [mailto:aleksey.yakovlev@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 10:09 AM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Zookeeper on two clusters?

Mahadev:

I need these two clusters to communicate somehow, because our distributed
system works on both of them - so we need some coordination, for example, to
recover after failures. I could create my own servers/protocols for that,
but why - the ZooKeeper does just that, right?

The number 5 isn't important here, configuration and communication is

Thanks
AY