zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Fournier, Camille F." <Camille.Fourn...@gs.com>
Subject RE: devops/admin/client question: What do you do when you rollback?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:57:12 GMT
Oh blah, of course it won't be b/w compatible, because all the older clients would expire their
sessions in the instance of a single zxid higher than the cluster zxid which I doubt most
people want.

Is there a way to check if the zxid of the client is higher than the current possible zxid
after connection, and send the session_expired then? That would at least help us out most
of the way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Hunt [mailto:phunt@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:23 PM
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: devops/admin/client question: What do you do when you rollback?

Sounds reasonable to me as long as it's b/w compatible (which it seems
like it would be), anything we can do to improve this situation would
be huge - I frequently see our support team trying to address this
(e.g. the max count exceeded issue) with clients like hbase. Def plus
for supportability.

Patrick