zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: zk keeps disconnecting and reconnecting
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:45:06 GMT
Camille,
 I will be cutting a branch this week some time. Just waiting for ZOOKEEPER-999 to get in.
Other than that, we are probably  2 weeks away from the release.
 3.3.4 would be good even if we have 3.4 coming in a week or 2. Thats because 3.4.0 might
take sometime to stabilize and 3.3.4 would be a good stable release (recommended for production
use), until 3.4 stabilizes.
 Does that sound reasonable? Others?

thanks
mahadev

On Aug 29, 2011, at 12:38 PM, Fournier, Camille F. wrote:

> Yeah let's put it in 3.3.4. What's the plan for 3.4? I thought we were almost ready for
that.

so 3.3.4 would be a good release to get this in.

> Thoughts?
>
> mahadev
>
> On Aug 29, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Fournier, Camille F. wrote:
>
>> Well, it causes the problem you are seeing. If you set any watchers with a chroot
and then your client gets disconnected with these watches outstanding, when you reconnect
you will try to reset them and they are probably on paths that don't exist (if you are creating
everything under path /kafka-tracking). So you get a notification about the watches immediately
after resetting them, which causes the string out of bounds exception.

>> The only fix is to disable auto watch reset, and then have your own client reset
watches when it gets a reconnected event. I suspect it would be easier for you to take a shot
at fixing the bug than to rewrite your client to handle this. Thomas provided a patch with
tests that presumably show the error, so all you need is a fix to make them pass.