zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Melissa Mahasintunan <stopp...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Encryption in ZooKeeper & contrib projects
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:28:33 GMT
Sorry to repost, but hoping someone can help with this!

I'm hoping to get a little more information about the encryption
functionality, specifically if it is limited to the following functions:

- code limited to encryption of passwords, personal identification
numbers, digital signatures, fixed data compression techniques, hashing
- decryption (only) of radio or pay TV broadcasts, or for civilian use of
mobile radio telephones not capable of "end to end" encryption
- decryption specially designed to allow execution of copy-protected
software and the decryption function is not user-accessible
- cryptographic software specially designed and limited for use on banking
(ATM, POS terminals)
- personalized smart card software not capable of message traffic
encryption of user-supplied or related key management functions
- key management designed, restricted, and intended to support only one of
the above functions
- software designed to protect against malicious computer damage (e.g.
Viruses, intrusion detection, etc.)
- software tools and technology specifically designed for the development,
production, or "use" of one or more of the above software (but limited to
those listed above)

Thank you again for your help!

Regards,
Melissa