zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Matthew Ng <mng....@gmail.com>
Subject Permanent node eviction policy
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:31:55 GMT
Hey,

Has anyone come across a need for evicting "old" data from zookeeper?

For example, right now we are storing version information for business
objects when users request for those objects. The data is being stored as
permanent nodes since it is not tied to a specific session. However, our
business objects have a limited lifespan. Users are not likely to request
for objects that are created a couple of days ago, so we would like to
routinely remove this data from zookeeper.

Anyone else come across this scenario as well or have any thoughts on
solving it? Our current approach is to just run a job that walks the
zookeeper tree and delete nodes with an "old" mtime.

Thanks,
Matthew