zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper/Hbase storage type on EC2
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:50:46 GMT
I think that the OP was asking about ephemeral storage in the since of
instance storage on the EC2 VM which disappears when the VM disappears.
 This is in contrast to the more persistent EBS volumes that survive the VM.

Using ephemeral storage is fine for most ZK installations on EC2.  Using one
EBS volume provides a degree of disaster resilience but using a majority of
EBS might have been less reliable during the EBS outage a few months ago.