zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chiku Singh <hakise...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper Node strategy to pick up the leader?
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 20:02:40 GMT
Suppose I have 5 node configuration in the Zookeeper {1,2,3,4,5} Zookeeper
says that a leader is elected when a majority of nodes vote for any given
node then, the node having majority of nodes is selected as the leader.
Zookeeper benchmark says that a leader election typically takes 200 ms.

My question is how is the convergence achieved?

Do all nodes start voting for the node 1 as the leader or they start
selecting the leader randomly? If the appointment of leader is totally
random then how does it ensure convergence or such fast rates of leader
election?

Thanks for the answer! Help appreciated!