zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Jason" <Jason_Burge...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Accessing previous versions of znode data
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 15:21:40 GMT
Greetings!

After doing several searches on this list, as well as going through the documentation and
code, I've come to the conclusion that it is not possible to access the data associated with
a specific version number for a particular znode. Am I correct?

For those wondering, here is my use case:

We are looking to store configuration in the znode (usually less than 10KB) and using Watches
to notify the entities that are being configured that a new configuration is available. However,
we may run into an instance where a faulty configuration is stored on the znode, and we would
like to go back through the previous versions until we reach a valid configuration, or we
have no more configs.

Thanks!

jason