zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Sergei Babovich <sbabov...@demandware.com>
Subject Using system property to configure clientPortAddress
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:36:18 GMT
Hi,
In our deployment to simplify managing of a cluster we'd like to
separate configuration common for the whole cluster from the
configuration specific to a particular node. Using such approach in
order to reconfigure cluster we would just need to update single shared
config file and perform rolling restart. At this moment all nodes should
use all the same configuration parameters except clientPort and
clientPortAddress (we need to explicitly provide them to allow various
deployment scenarios for production and qa). Zookeeper already
incorporates abilities to achieve having shared configuration with
adjusting some local parameters through system properties (for example
*zookeeper.snapCount*), but not all configuration parameters supported
including two that we are interested in. Is there any particular reason
why some config parameters have system property equivalent and others do
not? Is there any other way already to separate cluster wide
configuration from node specific?

Best regards,
Sergei

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain privileged and/or
confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this message, all attachments and all copies and backups thereof.