zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From trippleface <paul.ri...@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper Configuration
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 23:37:03 GMT
Hey there,

to my understanding, there must at least be 3 servers running in zookeeper
to be considered as a cluster(due to the leader election and recovery). If i
am to instantiate a new instance with vanilla zookeeper, does that mean that
i have to manually configure the zoo.cfg on the new instance before it can
join the cluster?

When it joins the cluster, i need to update the zoo.cfg of each and every
servers that are already running right? Is there anyway to link this to the
zoo.cfg?

currently, i created a znode for the zoo.cfg configuration. I am not sure
how to update it though.

Please shed some light on these problems.

Thanks