zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Melissa Mahasintunan <stopp...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Encryption in ZooKeeper & contrib projects
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 20:58:18 GMT
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your response last week!  I was hoping you could provide me
with a little more information, specifically if the encryption
functionality is limited to the following functions:

code limited to encryption of passwords, personal identification numbers,
digital signatures, fixed data compression techniques, hashing
decryption (only) of radio or pay TV broadcasts, or for civilian use of
mobile radio telephones not capable of "end to end" encryption
decryption specially designed to allow execution of copy-protected
software and the decryption function is not user-accessible
cryptographic software specially designed and limited for use on banking
(ATM, POS terminals)
personalized smart card software not capable of message traffic encryption
of user-supplied or related key management functions
key management designed, restricted, and intended to support only one of
the above functions
software designed to protect against malicious computer damage (e.g.
Viruses, intrusion detection, etc.)
software tools and technology specifically designed for the development,
production, or "use" of one or more of the above software (but limited to
those listed above)

Thank you again for your help!

Regards,
Melissa