zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Ma, Ming" <min...@ebay.com>
Subject dashboard / Admin web UI for ZK
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 23:03:31 GMT
Hi,

Some work has been done to allow folks ( Patrick Hunt,  Andrei Savu, etc. ) to monitor the
status of ZK.

https://github.com/phunt/zookeeper_dashboard
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/GSoCMonitoringAndWebInterface
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/current/zookeeperJMX.html

What is the current status? I am trying to see how to monitor the live status of ZK cluster
on a remote machine, similar to what hadoop/hbase web UI provide. I couldn't find the manual
so far. I am using zookeeper-3.3.2.jar. Regarding JMX, it seems there is some configuration
change needed to allow for remote access.

Would like to hear how people monitor zookeeper cluster today.

Thanks.

Ming