zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ben Hall <...@zynga.com>
Subject ZooKeeper as a bot fighting tool?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 02:12:33 GMT
Hi There,

We are toying around with a use case for ZooKeeper to maintain a ban list – either IP based
or user ID based that is controlled via ZooKeeper.  In short – if you meet certain suspicious
activity your user ID or IP address gets added to a ZooKeeper controlled config file that
then propagates out to clients and can drop to associated traffic.

I am curious if anyone has done anything similar with ZooKeeper and has any lessons learned?

Thanks
Ben