zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simulating ConnectionLossException and SessionExpiredException events during integration testing
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:24:24 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Jared Cantwell
<jared.cantwell@gmail.com> wrote:
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-829

Would be great if someone could finish this one. because...

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The other method which is used in the ZK test cases is to make a second
>> connection with the same session id and then close that session.  This
>> causes the first connection to get a session expiration.

I started seeing problems with this approach in 3.3.x release - due to
the addition of "session moved" handling. iirc there's a timing issue
where

1) A connects
2) A' connects
3) A gets disconnected due to session moved handling
4) A reconnects (automatically)
5) A' gets disconnected

I saw this on some tests, typically it was fine, but on some slow
machines (esp vms) the timing was such that this occurred and caused
the test to fail.

Patrick