zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Camille Fournier <cami...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debian packager orphaning ZooKeeper
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:50:02 GMT
I am constantly surprised to hear that the ZK code isn't "clean or
pleasant". I was actually very happy when I opened up the ZK code base
for the first time at how generally readable and tested the code was.
It's a complex system, implemented over a fair period of time, so it's
inevitable that there will be some stuff that is hard to understand
but I'm not sure that the complexity is excessive or unmanageable.

We do have a problem with scheduling and sticking to schedules. I get
the feeling that maybe the project is in a state of growing pains as
the user base is expanding and many more people have pet features they
would like to add. But none of this is insurmountable and it would be
throwing the baby out with the bathwater to declare the project
unusable for those reasons.