zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: disk full
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 06:25:04 GMT
Zookeeper provides guarantees of durability and reliability.  When the
disk is full, transactions cannot be persisted to disk and thus these
guarantees cannot be made.

If you restart ZK after making space, then it should continue
reliably.  One way to do this is to get rid of old transaction logs
that are no longer needed.  Another is to plan your needs more
precisely so conflicts on space do not occur.  Sometimes this is quite
difficult which is one reason that some people opt for dedicated
machines for critical services like this.