zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debian packager orphaning ZooKeeper
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:07:15 GMT
Regardless of offense taken due to his approach in describing them, some of
Thomas' suggestions are reasonable (some switch statements are near
replicas, many unit tests are framed as integration tests).  Some are simply
esthetic (de gustibus and so on) and some are (IMHO) not such a great thing
at all.

Zookeeper is pretty open to positive change, but not very open to new-comers
appearing with suggestions for extensive re-writes just to please a
particular esthetic preference.  And frankly, complaining in other fora
decreases credibility with me even more than just complaining does.
 Establishing a record of viable improvements increases credibility.

And, what do you know, we just re-invented Apache meritocracy from first
principles.