zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper as a bot fighting tool?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:17:14 GMT
Sounds like a reasonable way to go.

Keeping the config as a single (or a few) file is an important thing.
I presume that your update rate will be reasonable.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Ben Hall <ben@zynga.com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> We are toying around with a use case for ZooKeeper to maintain a ban list – either
IP based or user ID based that is controlled via ZooKeeper.  In short – if you meet certain
suspicious activity your user ID or IP address gets added to a ZooKeeper controlled config
file that then propagates out to clients and can drop to associated traffic.