zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debian packager orphaning ZooKeeper
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 00:52:08 GMT
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo@niemeyer.net> wrote:
>> I had a long talk with Thomas at Buzzwords.
>>
>> He is far more congenial in person than on the mailing lists.
>
> Whether he's kind or not isn't really the concern at this point.  The
> point is that there are real issues being raised publicly.  ZooKeeper
> has a good track record on stability, but I have already heard the
> code isn't clean or pleasant from different people.  It is also true
> that some features have been taking a very long time to land. These
> are pretty interesting points for a software project.  Is that the
> case?  Is there an intention to clean up the code base?  Are features
> taking too long?  What's scheduled for the current milestone and when
> is it going to be released?

You can see our release history here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel

3.4.0 is definitely overdue, the move to TLP took significantly more
effort that we originally accounted for and that's slowed us down.
Mahadev is the release manager for 3.4.0 and is working to get it in
shape. (there's a thread on the dev list about this)

Regards,

Patrick