zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cleaning up old snapshot
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 17:33:54 GMT
Log re-use would be very nice.  Deleting old logs is a (small) mess when
packaging due to the need to edit crontab and the resulting need to
investigate local operational policies.

Re-using them would make ZK disk space not grow and would get rid of the
cron stuff entirely.  I would be surprised if the performance boost that the
original reporter suggests will actually materialize, but since the original
reporter is Ben, I wouldn't recommend that others emulate my surprise.