zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debian packager orphaning ZooKeeper
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:31:56 GMT
On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Gustavo Niemeyer <gustavo@niemeyer.net> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
>> Hi Gustavo. Definitely some valid points in there, obv not everyone
>> agrees with all of them. ;-)
>>
>> Thomas also sent some details earlier on the dev list, which you can find here:
>> http://markmail.org/message/4dzk5osxssaibirt
>
> Ah, sorry for the double post.  I got to know about it through today's message.

No worries, although I hope you correct the record on your twitter
feed. ;-) This is one person's opinion, "not good enough for Debian"
implies more weight, more like "not good enough for Thomas". (see
Henry's response to this thread, re this already being picked up by
another maintainer.)

>> Discussing these points is on the agenda during our meetup around the
>> Hadoop summit.  There's already been significant progress on some of
>> it - for example a Maven patch is in the works.
>
> That's good to hear.  Given that the rant is being thrown in the wind
> as it is, it'd be good to have a public reference to point people to
> that addresses some of these points.

Well I hope our track record of building a solid system with very few
bugs, esp given the production level use we see (yahoo, SU, facebook,
HBase, twitter, etc...), would speak for itself but ... sure. :-)

Patrick