zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debian packager orphaning ZooKeeper
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:16:24 GMT
> Again, you seem too easily offended when touching on the subject,
> which makes Thomas' points valid.  If you are already working on clean
> ups, simply pointing out what is going on will be much more effective
> and comforting than fighting about the subject being touched by people
> that use and care about your software.

Gustavo,
 I apologize to be so touchy on this. There is some history behind
that. I had been very willing to work with Thomas to work on clearing
out some issues but looks like instead all this happened.

As I think you would understand projects running for long time have
issues with convoluted code  in some places or the other, which as
part of sustaining need to be fixed. We are in that phase, so I am not
sure where all this is coming from.

But you are right that next time I should point to jiras. But for now,
I think we should avoid ZK packages in Debian.

thanks
mahadev

--
thanks