zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Colin Goodheart-Smithe <colings86....@googlemail.com>
Subject Java smoketest
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:57:38 GMT
I want to be able to run the ZooKeeper smoke test and latency test on a
windows machine and after trying to first find the c library and python
bindings for windows and then failing to be able to build the libraries
myself I have ported the tests to java.  The tests both work, however the
latency test outputs statistics which are orders of magnitude slower than
when I run the python scripts on a Linux environment (1000's of ops/sec in
Linux using python and 1-10 ops/sec in windows using Java).  I am wondering
if anyone has any answers to the following:

   - Is the zookeeper client for java known to be significantly slower than
   the python library?
   - Does the zookeeper server run slower on windows than on linux?
   - Has anyone built the python bindings and C library for zookeeper and if
   so are these available?

I am open to the suggestion that my code could be optimised but I wanted to
find out if there are known issues with zookeeper's speed in Windows and
with Java before I start going down that route.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Colin