zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 答复: swap
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:45:20 GMT
There is no way to answer this without a LOT more information.  If you
want a good answer instead of guesses, you need to provide this
additional information.

In general, you have to account for ALL of the uses of memory on the
machine.  There are many uses and you can't simply give Zookeeper a
heap that is as large as your memory.  You also have to determine
whether the swap being used is simply because of memory over-commit or
if the machine is actually swapping.

My guess is that the Zookeeper team is not going to be able to help
you.  The problem here is not Zookeeper related, but is simply a basic
system administration issue.

You need to find a local expert who can look at your system to
determine what the situation is.  The expert should be a linux expert,
not a zookeeper expert.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Donna Li <donna.li@utstar.com> wrote:
> Thanks ted.
> I want to know the relation between java heap size and swap. Zookeeper physical memory
is enough, but swap is used by 302064k. Should I increase my java heap size or decrease my
java heap size?