zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maximum Read/Write throughput for Zookeeper
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 21:56:36 GMT
At the risk of being rude, a quick search on Google for [zookeeper
performance] gives the following top hit:

    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/Performance

The very nice graph that Patrick did many moons ago is missing, but the link

    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/ServiceLatencyOverview

provides some very nice information.

I hate it when people give snarky answers about doing your homework before
asking in public, but it would be very easy to respond rudely to your
request.  The Zookeeper mailing list is full of friendly people so I won't
say much more than that.

In general, when sending requests to mailing lists, you will receive much
more helpful answers if you demonstrate that you have done a bit of work
ahead of time instead of depending on the mailing list as your first
resource.  This link has some good suggestions:

Making sure that you do this is very important on mailing lists where there
is less of a premium placed on politeness than there is on most Apache
mailing lists.  In some mailing lists, asking a poorly researched question
will subject you to being roasted alive or ignored completely.  This is a
sad fact of life and it turns lots of newcomers off, but it absolutely does
happen.