zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lost ZK events across datacenters
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 23:21:49 GMT
That is exactly the part of zkClient that I think is most subject to error
and is what I meant by inappropriate hiding of details.

You can't just assume that you can retry an operation on Zookeeper and get
the right result.  The correct handling is considerably more subtle.  Hiding
that is not a good thing unless you say right up front that you are
compromising either expressivity (as does Kept Collections) or correctness
(as does zkClient).