zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Gustavo Niemeyer <gust...@niemeyer.net>
Subject Re: Debian packager orphaning ZooKeeper
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:47:32 GMT
> No worries, although I hope you correct the record on your twitter
> feed. ;-) This is one person's opinion, "not good enough for Debian"
> implies more weight, more like "not good enough for Thomas". (see
> Henry's response to this thread, re this already being picked up by
> another maintainer.)

Yes, Clint will likely pick it up because we are using it.

My post:

    "The Debian #ZooKeeper packager is going to orphan it because the
code quality is not good enough for Debian:"

His message:

    "I'm planning on orphaning ZooKeeper in the next days. (..) In
short: The code quality is of such a kind that I don't consider it
good enough for Debian."

I don't think there's anything to be corrected?

> Well I hope our track record of building a solid system with very few
> bugs, esp given the production level use we see (yahoo, SU, facebook,
> HBase, twitter, etc...), would speak for itself but ... sure. :-)

I'm not the guy bashing, and I wouldn't stay silent if it was one of
my projects, but in this case it's up to you really.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net