zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Donna Li" <donna...@utstar.com>
Subject disk full
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 02:15:43 GMT

Hi, ted:
	After I make space, the zookeeper server also can not start normally. Following log is printed.
It shows "Last transaction was partial". I must clear the data (/data/version-2), then the
server can restart normally.
    Under the disk full situation, if the cluster is unavailable, the TCP connection between
the server and the client would break. So when the cluster comes back normally, the client
can not change to connected status.
    I want to know if this is the limitation that zookeeper can not meet disk full.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Ted Dunning [mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2011年6月11日 14:25
收件人: user@zookeeper.apache.org
主题: Re: disk full

Zookeeper provides guarantees of durability and reliability.  When the
disk is full, transactions cannot be persisted to disk and thus these
guarantees cannot be made.

If you restart ZK after making space, then it should continue
reliably.  One way to do this is to get rid of old transaction logs
that are no longer needed.  Another is to plan your needs more
precisely so conflicts on space do not occur.  Sometimes this is quite
difficult which is one reason that some people opt for dedicated
machines for critical services like this.