zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Donna Li" <donna...@utstar.com>
Subject 答复: swap
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 07:09:29 GMT
Thanks ted.
I want to know the relation between java heap size and swap. Zookeeper physical memory is
enough, but swap is used by 302064k. Should I increase my java heap size or decrease my java
heap size?

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Ted Dunning [mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2011年6月13日 14:33
收件人: user@zookeeper.apache.org
主题: Re: swap

This sounds like a question with a story behind it.

Do you mean that your ZK server filled up all of memory and caused the
machine to start swapping?

If that is your problem, then there really is no fix other than to not
do that.  The reason is that Zookeeper is memory based so if you don't
have enough memory, either because you are over-filling Zookeeper or
have insufficient memory, then things aren't going to work.

Turning off swap may be one of the worst things to do in this case
since the machine will tend to fail harder instead of just getting
very slow.  That can make recovery more difficult.