zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From "Fournier, Camille F." <Camille.Fourn...@gs.com>
Subject Re: quota issues
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:39:55 GMT
Already did and the simple test didn't show the bug. Perhaps requires a multi-instance deployment.
Is there somewhere you can point me to in the code that gave you this suspicion?

Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: Mahadev Konar <mahadev@apache.org>
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org <user@zookeeper.apache.org>
Sent: Mon Jun 13 23:41:27 2011
Subject: Re: quota issues

Interesting.

Camille this might be a bug... Looks like the data structure that
maintains the quota is wiped out and isnt being reconstructed on the
restart. Not sure how we can confirm this, but a simple test can do
that. Do you want to try that out? :)

thanks
mahadev

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Fournier, Camille F.
<Camille.Fournier@gs.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Trying to figure out how to get quotas working properly, I seem to have hit an issue
I can't figure out. I set a quota on node /FOO, and then set the ACLs on the quota nodes for
/FOO to any READ, CREATOR other to limit modification to those that don't have digest access.
This seemed to work ok, but over the weekend my ZK was rebooted and now none of the quotas
are triggering, and the stats nodes are not being updated. Could this have something to do
with the ACL settings on the nodes? It doesn't look like it in the code, but I'm not sure
what else it could be. Anyone else seen this?

--
thanks
mahadev