zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shraer <shra...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Changing hosts
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 23:49:55 GMT
Hi Ted,

There's a simpler way that works. Suppose that the original servers are A, B and C, and the
new ones
are D, E, F. Configure D, E and F to be in the configuration A, B, C, D, E, F and start them.
Don't do any changes to
A, B and C. After D, E and F synch with the leader (or at least 2 of them do), turn them off,
change their config files to D, E, F and bring them up again.

Alex