zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Jared Cantwell <jared.cantw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Growing a cluster
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 12:57:46 GMT
It would be acceptable to me to do this non-dynamically and non-rolling as
well. For example, I can shut down all nodes, make necessary modifications
to config files, and then restart all nodes.  If I do this, should switching
from standalone mode to multi-node mode work?  Has anyone done this before?
 Preliminary tests seem to work, but I haven't looked into all the race
conditions and such yet.

~Jared