zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Disconnects repeatedly and often is unable to reconnect which expires session
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 17:17:35 GMT
That is a fairly short timeout.

Generally, the first thing to check is garbage collection.  Try turning on
GC logging.  You
may want to adjust your GC settings to reduce the number and frequency of
stop the world
pauses.

Secondly, check into the Zookeeper server to see if that machine is
over-subscribed.  This
can especially happen in virtualized environments like EC2 where a VM can go
missing for
several seconds at a time.

Beyond that, you will need to describe your application and environment a
bit more so that
people can comment more intelligently.