zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: compiling c client on solaris/sparc
Date Fri, 20 May 2011 17:01:10 GMT
Hi Botond, looking at the history for those lines it looks like that
code has been untouched since before we moved to Apache (2008).

A quick search turned up this interesting backgrounder:
http://www.memoryhole.net/kyle/2007/05/atomic_incrementing.html
(be sure to checkout the comments on that post)

If you'd like to submit a patch to move away from asm I don't see why
we wouldn't consider it. My concern would be that we replace it with
something that we have a high confidence will work on all platforms,
compilers, and compiler versions. Perhaps do it initially as a ifdef?

Patrick