zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZK quota management
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 18:10:38 GMT
Very glad to hear this!

This would be a very very very useful feature! Let us know if we can
help in any way to get this into apache ZK.

thanks
mahadev

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Toader, Sebastian
<Sebastian.Toader@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are using ZooKeeper internally and ran into same issue where we wanted Quotas to impose
hard restrictions. We needed this primarily to protect ZooKeeper server against rogue client
applications that may cause Zk server to use up the allocated memory thus affecting other
clients as well.

> We've changed ZooKeeper's (version 3.3) code to impose hard restrictions. Currently it's
in testing. Once we are happy with how it we are planning to push changes back so it will
be available for others as well.

> One thing to note our implementation is not configurable whether to impose quota or just
warn if quota exceeded, it always enforces quotas if set on a znode.

> Best regards,
> Seb

If so, do you find it useful? How does it affect performance?

>> Thanks,
>> Camille
>>

> --
> thanks
> mahadev
> @mahadevkonar

> NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views
contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning
of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have
received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify
the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.

--
thanks
mahadev