zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing hosts
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 15:39:04 GMT
Step 1:  configure two of the new hosts to be part of a 5 node cluster
containing all of the
original nodes.

Step 2:  reconfigure each of the original 3 nodes to be part of the the 5
node cluster.

Step 3: bounce each of the originals and start the two new servers.

Step 4: configure the 6th server (previously untouched) to be part of a
three node cluster
containing only the 3 new nodes.

Step 5: reconfigure servers 4 and 5.

Step 6: bounce servers 4 and 5 and start server 6.

Done.

(wait for somebody else to critique this procedure before proceeding with
it)