zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Mahadev Konar <maha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: observers in occasionally disconnected data centers
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 21:17:50 GMT
Hi Ketan,
 You are correct that observers need connection to quorum as well.
There have been quite a few discussions on multi colo replication and
read only mode of ZooKeeper.

Here are the jiras for those:

and

These have been mostly targeted at exactly a use case like yours.
Please take a look and them and feel free to contribute/comment on the
jiras.

--
thanks
mahadev