zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Scott Fines <scottfi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: downsides of disabling ZooKeeper client session timeouts?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 02:45:15 GMT
You can simulate partitions of this nature very easily in most Linux distros
using iptables to turn on and off incoming/outgoing traffic on various
different ports. Probably Windows has some mechanism of doing the same
thing.

As a real-world example of how this might happen accidentally, imagine
somebody tripping over an ethernet cable and yanking it out of a socket.
This happens all the time in our development environment (Sometimes even
intentionally).

Scott