zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Martin Serrano <mar...@attivio.com>
Subject downsides of disabling ZooKeeper client session timeouts?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 01:02:24 GMT
Hi,

For one application, whenever we experience a session timeout, we just re-create the client
connection.  This has mostly occurred in test environments when the server was overloaded
or when we had a misconfigured timeout that was really low.  As we started to create some
general use client re-creation code, it occurred to me we could just disable the session timeout
(set it to -1 or excessively large - not sure how).    Are there downsides to this?  Are there
cases where a client will permanently lose the ability to talk to a server even though new
clients would have no issues?

Thanks,
-Martin