zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Re: Announcement - ZK IDGenerator code released to open source (finally!) :-)
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 18:08:18 GMT
On 05/19/2011 01:56 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:
> Nice.
>
> Some nits:
>
> a) why sourceforge and not github?  SF makes it harder to browse your code
> and harder to fork the code for new development because it is SVN based.

Because I know SVN well and I don't know git.  :-(  Please feel free to
move it over there if you'd like, and I'll kill the SVN project.

> b) it would be handy for your design document to be in PDF as well as ODT
> format.  Not everybody has open office.

I'll reformat to PDF and upload.

> c) most importantly, SF lists your project as being GPL, but the license in
> the source code is ASL.  Which is it?

It's Apache.  (Sorry for the error - I'll make the correction on the SF
project page.)  I was originally figuring GPL, but choice Apache since
ZK itself is under the Apache license.

DR