zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serious problem processing hearbeat on login stampede
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 20:43:32 GMT
That isn't the issue.

The issue is that there is something here that is a mystery.  You aren't
seeing the answer.  If you could, you would have seen it already and
wouldn't have a question to ask.  If you want somebody else to see the
answer, you need to show them the raw data and not just tell them your
interpretation of the situation.  If you don't want to show the raw data
because it is embarrassing to admit that you might not be seeing something,
then you should just not ask the question.

It doesn't matter how much you know or how well you can interpret things
normally.  You are adding your interpretation to the raw data and there is
something in this interpretation or your description of the situation that
is faulty.  The only way to get past that is to allow others to interpret
the raw data.

This happens to everybody at some point.  New eyes see new things and
sometimes that is just what is needed.