zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: znode metadata consistency
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:12:02 GMT
Does this mean that you are running ZK in your application?

My own feeling is that this is a bad practice.  It shouldn't cause your
problem, but it is hard to make guarantees about totally correct operation
in an arbitrarily shared JVM.

In my own designs, I avoid collocating ZK with my application because I like
to interrogate ZK about application status and "down" is a valid status
which I would like to know about.  I can't see that in ZK if it doesn't
survive the demise of the application.