zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From 郑建锋 <zhengjianf...@zhihuiya.com>
Subject will zookeeper also high performance for data transfering?
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 03:38:13 GMT
Hi

I plan to use zookeeper for coordinating. And my system need answer requests
in less than 1 second. And need transfering data between machines. I
wordering if i can use zookeeper for data transfering like this:

if machine A wants to say "hello" to machine B, we create two Znode in
zookeeper: queue/a and queue/b. A write "hello from A" to queue/b first, B
is listening on queue/b and can get the message, then B handles "hello form
A" and write "got it" to queue/a. then A knows that the message was sent
successfully.

Will this as fast as socket messages directly between machine A and B?
And if i have a zookeeper cluster with 5 servers, will the message "hello
from A" be send to all these 5 machines? Is ZKClient on machine B get the
event after the message was synchronized on these 5 machines?

many thanks!