zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serious problem processing hearbeat on login stampede
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:03:03 GMT
Interesting.  It does seem to suggestion the session expiration is
expensive.

There is a concurrent table in guava that provides very good multi-threaded
performance.  I think that is achieved by using a number of locks and then
distributing threads across the locks according to the hash slot being used.
 But I would have expected any in memory operation to complete very quickly.

Is it possible that the locks on the session table are held longer than they
should be?