zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Repair cluster on EC2
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:43:19 GMT
Is it possible to repair a ZooKeeper cluster on EC2 by using the
following algorithm with no downtime and data loss?

1. start a cluster with >3 nodes
2. if one node fails start a new machine and record the new IP
3. rebuild the configuration file by replacing the IP of the node that
failed with the IP attached to the new machine
4. do a rolling restart and replace all configuration files

Am I missing something? Could this process be executed by a script?

I'm also thinking about extending the client library in order to make
it EC2 aware (it should be able to automatically discover ZK nodes).

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro