zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: will zookeeper also high performance for data transfering?
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2011 20:46:51 GMT
ZK can do a reasonable job of acting as a message bus and can efficiently
transfer a few thousand messages per second.

There are going to be some problems, however, in terms of how long you keep
old messages in a file and how you decide to acknowledge messages.

It is probably better to use a system like ZK for coordination of other
message passing systems that are designed for very reliable or very fast
message passing.  Consider Rabbit MQ, Netty and S4 for some very different
trade-offs.