zookeeper-user mailing list archives

From Chang Song <tru64...@me.com>
Subject Re: Serious problem processing hearbeat on login stampede
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:54:17 GMT

Patrick and Ted.
Unless Zookeeper clients adding this feature, it is not easy for us to implement.

We only provide platform for many services within our org.
Their batch servers will fire off whatever clients they want.
We have no control over it.

But 8 second latency during stampede is definitely a problem and
these needs to be addressed in server. Not client back-off policy.

What happens when we have double the more traffic?
Now we have more than 20 second latency?

I think we need to rethink how heartbeat traffic are handled among all
other request/response.

Thank you.

2011. 4. 14., 오후 2:24, Ted Dunning 작성: